Monday 21 January 2013

Baby Afghan

You may remember a few months ago I posted a pic of a baby blanket I crocheted using the traditional granny square method. Well I decided to follow a pattern, never having followed one before, and I was surprised how easy it was. 

Here's the result. It's from a booklet by Terry Kimbrough and there are 24 different afghan patterns to choose from. This one's called Special Memories and I'm half way through another one called Heartwarming Wrap. 


As I'm having a snow day, I'm going to snuggle up on the sofa and carry on with the other one. I'll post pics when it's finished. 

Have a nice day whatever you're doing :) xx

 

2 comments:

Cally said...

Oh Karen, seeing this has brought back so many memories. My mum knitted afghan blankets for both my sisters when they had their first children. Never got round to knitting me one as she died before I got married. It looks beautiful.
Callyxx

Chorley Cake said...

BEAUTIFUL ... I had no idea you could knit too ! WOW ! And just like your papercrafts - so NEAT & perfect. Tell me, is there a baby on the way somewhere in the family ???