Tuesday 5 May 2009

My Mum's Birthday Card

It's my Mum's birthday tomorrow amd each time I make her a card I find it harder and harder to do something just that bit different from the last one, plus the fact I've to find her a verse that's guaranteed to make her blub ... so all in all it's quite a task .. good job I love her so much!!
I used Fred's Flowers (thanks Tracey ... again), my new label nesties and as I don't have the Martha Stewart Doiley Punch yet (it's on my wish list) ... I improvised and did my own version using my Romance Board and a pricking tool ... doesn't look bad does it?
Have a nice evening everyone and Happy Birthday for tomorrow Mum xx

9 comments:

My'scardcorner said...

Karen It is beautiful and love the verse Im sure your mum will too. Happy Birthday for tomorrow to her:0)

Sonia said...

Karen its beautiful, i do love your cards.
Hugs Sonia x

PeeJay said...

She'll love it Karen. It's so delicate.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Karen - your Mum will love it. Hope she has a great day. nannapat x

Wellnifty said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Karen, I love how you've use the romance board, with the pricking and the pearls. I know what you mean about verses, I'm the same keep trying to find a sloppy one for my Mum, and snap it's my Mums birthday tomorrow too, I've just finished her card but have got a lot of blogging to catch up on at the moment, I'll post it soon though.

Happy Birthday to your Mum hope she has a lovely day

Chris xx

Sylvia R said...

Stunning Karen. love every thing about your cards.so fresh looking and elegant....she will love it xxx

Happy Birthday to your Mum for tomorrow....xx

Hugs
Sylvia R xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Karen hun its gorgeous ya moms gonna love it xx

Jan M said...

Fantastic card Karen and brill idea for the border xx

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

That's beautiful, Karen! The scalloped border looks so elegant, who needs Martha?! I'm glad you like the flowers :)