Friday 22 October 2010

Christmas Robins

I couldn't decide how to mount these beautiful Robins up (from Just Inklined) when I'd finished colouring them in. I was originally going to go with a traditional Christmas card, but ended up being a bit dramatic and going with black and red.

The black glitter card is absolutely gorgeous in real life, but as per usual the photo doesn't do it justice. I couldn't use a punch on it so had to resort to my good old Romance embossing board to do the scalloped edge.
Sorry I can't remember the Promarker colours I used, but I do know I used my blender pen for the very first time on the robins red breasts!!
The Christmas Robins can be found here.

Have a lovely weekend whatever you're doing xxx

5 comments:

sallysbitz2 said...

This is just so stunning & different xx

I have downloaded this digi a few weeks back but have not used it myself yet.

Great inspiration x

Jeni said...

This card is so elegant and beautiful! ~jeni :)

Gram's Treasures said...

Beautiful card Karen...this is the first I have seen on the black sparkle card.
Joyce xx

Lisa Lynn said...

This card is beautiful! Love the colors and the paper.

Chorley Cake said...

WOW WOW AND WOW !!!!!
Oh I can imagine how stunning that black glitter is & the red contrast makes it look so smart & modern even though the robins are a traditional image. WELL DONE KAREN Another triumph ! It's a stunning card
Best Wishes, Angie ( Chorley Cake )