Thursday, 23 June 2011

Purple Magnolia

I coloured this gorgeous Magnolia image from Just Inklined in purple because I loved the colour, then realised there probably wasn't such a thing as a purple magnolia, but to my relief after doing a google search, there is such a thing!!! lol

I coloured it in with Promarkers and also coloured the ribbon and pearls which started life as white, the corners were done with a Stampin' Up corner punch and the embossed background was done using a score board.

Colours used are:
Flowers: Aubergine, Purple and Orchid
Leaves: Pear Green, Lime Green and Lime Zest

See you soon xx

3 comments:

Denise and Louise said...

This is so beautiful - who would care if there wasn't any such thing as a purple Magnolia when this looks so good!
Hugs
Denise xx

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Karen, this is gorgeous! Love the criss cross embossed pattern. I'm glad you did your research, now we all learned something new today. ~jeni :)

Linda said...

I really look forward to your posts. This card is inspirational. Tks. Linda x